Dear readers of The Magic Nutshell, I want to get to know you better. The vast majority of comments on my posts now happen offsite, on Google+ and Facebook and other social media platforms--or in person, by friends who often surprise me by letting me know they read my blog! And the vast majority of my readers don't comment at all, at least not where I can see.
I've met some pretty fascinating people through the blog in the past, people who share many of my interests but who have different life experiences and perspectives on the same material. So I want to meet more of you.
Are you new to the Nutshell? I post twice a month, once on the first Monday for a "Middle Path Mother" entry on the lifestyle of a creative, working parent, and once more on the lifestyle of a writer with a full work and family life. My work in progress is called Briars and Black Hellebore, and it's a fairy tale-infused novel that pits the ruling households of Sleeping Beauty against that of Beauty and the Beast in a pre-Crusades, mythical land called Vepres inspired by the dark forests in the border region of early medieval Bavaria and Bohemia. Meanwhile, I am a wife and mother, nonprofit worker, and lover of art and jazzy, acoustic guitar music with throaty female vocals, except that I am also infatuated with Rammstein so hard that I dream in silly German lyric snatches and fanfic situations. As a result, my writing is a sensuous potpourri of pretty flowers and hot sex man musk.
Are you into that kind of thing? Crazy mashups in art and life? Okay, awesome, come with me into da trees and also let me see you stripped--virtually, that is.
For the next month or so, if you start following me here or on another platform AND let me know you are a Magic Nutshell reader, I will follow you back. Please make sure you give me the URL, handle, or whatever that you'd like to share with me, if it's not apparent through the way you've contacted me.
Here's where you can stalk me, aside from right here on Blogger (see my sidebar on the right for subscription options):
- Goodreads: I participate in discussions and reviews occasionally, and I love to see what other people I know are reading and how their own published books are being received. Let me sneak a peek at your bookshelf!
- Twitter: Between blog posts, here's where I share my silliest and least-PC thoughts on anything.
- Tumblr: I share my own posts from the Nutshell in a different format along with others' posts, mainly on history, culture, and images that inspire my early medieval, continental European work in progress.
- Pinterest: My boards are all about things that inspire writing and life.
- Facebook: Here's where you can spy a glimpse of my personal life. I've stopped friending people I don't know in real life, but I've added a Follow button for anyone to use, and I will be happy to follow your author, business, interest, or cause page in return.